|Job Title||Hyperbaric Oxygen Coordinator|
|Company||Shady Grove Medical Center|
Purpose of Position - Essential Functions (the fundamental, crucial job duties performed in this position):
The Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Coordinator is a clinically-competent, HBO-trained employee who delegates and coordinates hyperbaric oxygen treatment patient care under general supervision from the trained and competent HBO supervising physician. The coordinator is responsible for all aspects of care pertaining to hyperbaric medication and recording all technical and clinical information on patients.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities including Direct Reports:
• The coordinator assumes responsibility for managing clinical HBO technical operations
• Coordinates patient care, and staff and physician scheduling and training.
• Collects patient information and provides direct patient care to achieve positive outcomes.
• Accountable for complete and accurate data collection and recording.
• Allocates the necessary resources to provide comprehensive patient care.
• Effectively interacts with patients and their families and /or significant others to provide education and arrange schedules regarding HBO.
• Collaborates with other health team members of different internal and external departments to _arrange HBO treatment__ while maintaining standards of care per hospital, regulatory requirements and Healogics, Inc. policy. Hospital policy supersedes Healogics, Inc. policy.
• The HBO Coordinator ensures that treatment is delivered by those who are competent and trained according to the patient population, level of technology required, complexity of care needs, and age of patients.
• Occasionally works to assist program director, nurse manager, assistant nurse manager, medical director and/or community education specialist in marketing activities to increase HBO awareness to community and community physicians
The HBO Coordinator demonstrates actions and attitude that contributes to the critical success factors of the organization (i.e. Best place to work, most extraordinary experience, superior outcomes, financial success for reinvestment, valued as a faith-based organization, and a growing organization vital to the community).
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as function as a team member
• Capable of adapting to a changing environment, including emergency situations.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Team Player
Education and Experience Required:
• 2-3 years recent experience in clinical hyperbaric chamber operations as a hyperbaric technician
• Current competency and training in HBO approved by United Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS)
• Certified hyperbaric technician or an EMT, RN, LPN
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Coordinator/Supervisor experience preferred
Description of Working Conditions:
• Atmosphere and environment associated with an HBO treatment room
• Frequent pressure due to a multitask and changing environment
• Requires judgment that could affect image of the organization
• Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
• Frequent moving of equipment and patients (up to 300 lbs.)
• Frequent walking, bending, lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching
• Exposure to blood borne pathogens, latex, and other hazards associated with a patient care
• Review patient wound and/or clinic information to assist nursing and physicians in identifying possible HBO candidates
• Perform transcutaneous oxygen monitoring per MD request
|Contact Phone||(301) 315-3060|
|Contact Name||Tricia Eckert|