|Job Title||Hyperbaric Observer|
|Company||Legacy Emanuel Health Systems|
|Salary||Depends on experience and certification level|
|Description||Position Summary : Attends to the various needs of hyperbaric patients before and during the hyperbaric treatment. Observes patients for signs of oxygen toxicity and reports to the chamber operator.
• Prepares the patient seating areas prior to treatment.
• Sets up patient breathing systems, hoods, masks, etc…
• Assists in the preparation of the patient’s treatment record.
• Assesses and records patients' vital signs prior to treatment.
• Observes patients during treatment, places and removes hoods between O2 periods and air breaks.
• Accurately completes patient treatment records.
• Attends to the comfort and safety of patients during treatment.
• Assists with patient related wound care tasks under the direct supervision of the Wound Care Nurse if contractually required.
Minimum Educational Requirements :
• Current Emergency Medical Technician, Dive Medical Technician or equivalent allied health certification.
• Nationally registered EMT/Paramedic.
• Current BLS certification.
• Current CHT (Certified Hyperbaric Technologist)
• Must possess patient care experience.
• Patient care.
• Vital signs.
• Documentation skills.
|Contact Phone||(503) 413.1300|
|Contact Name||Chae Bliss|