|Job Title||Hyperbaric Technician FT|
|Company||Phelps Memorial Hospital (PHELP)|
|Description||Hyperbaric Technician- Westchester
Phelps Memorial Hospital (PHELP), Tarrytown, NY
Function: Nursing Support
Shift type: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Prepares patients for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO) treatments. Assists clinical staff with patient examination and treatment, documents patient care records. Operates and cleans Hyperbaric Chamber and documents equipment maintenance.
• Must have EMT, DMT, or Respiratory Therapist
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• BLS Certification, required.
• Certification as a Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) within six (6) months of hire, required.
• Experience in a hyperbaric facility, emergency medicine or acute medical care, required.
1. Prepares patients for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO) treatments. Documents treatments in patient care record.
2. Participates in patient education as it relates to Hyperbaric Therapy.
3. Administers direct patient care. Takes and records vital signs.
4. Performs Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring. Monitors vital signs and patient response during HBO treatments.
5. Maintains daily and periodic equipment maintenance documentation.
6. Cleans HBO chambers and maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of treatment rooms.
7. Participates in quality assurance programs and supports clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation.
8. Maintains competencies and continuing education.
9. Performs related duties, as required.
|Contact Name||John Sullivan|