|Job Title||Certified Hyperbaric Tech – Wound Care Center|
|Company||Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital|
|Description||The Certified Hyperbaric Tech demonstrates basic knowledge and skills necessary to communicate appropriately and carry out delegated tasks for age specific populations. He/she performs delegated patient care tasks under the supervision of a licensed nurse. He/she records data established by policy and procedure, and reports observations and patient problems to the licensed nurse. The Certified Hyperbaric Tech is responsible for assigned non-nursing functions.
• High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.).
• Previous wound care and hyperbarics experience required.
• Working knowledge of policies and procedures as it relates to Hyperbaric Medicine.
• Able to perform TCPo2 testing accurately and effectively, and report results to physician/nurse directing the care of the patient.
• Must obtain Hyperbaric Tech (CHT) certification within 6 months of hire.
• American Heart Association BCLS Healthcare Provider Or American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
• Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through ongoing skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
• Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
For further information, and to apply, please visit: https://www.houstonmethodistcareers.org/hyperbarictech
About Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Houston Methodist is committed to hiring all qualified individuals without regard to race, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.