|Company||Divers Alert Network|
|Description||Divers Alert Network (DAN) helps divers in need of medical emergency assistance and promotes
dive safety through research, education, products and services.
Participate in the activities of the Divers Alert Network involved in providing information services to laypeople, dive professionals, and healthcare professionals.
The “DAN Medic I” supports DAN’s mission-critical work; responding to non-emergency inquiries and emergency calls from divers, healthcare professionals, and non-divers. It also involves properly documenting all inquiries and detailed follow-ups for the compilation, verification, and consolidation of data; generally, for in-house use in responding to requests for information, research & publication. There are also a variety of duties incidental to writing articles, social media pieces, helping with referral database maintenance, and attending meetings essential for Quality Assurance & Quality Improvement as well as continuing education. A large part of the job requires substantial amounts of time discussing issues of safety & health for diving & travel over the telephone or by e-mail during regular office hours as well as on scheduled days on weekends and after-hours shifts.
• Participate in the activities of the Divers Alert Network involved in developing, maintaining and compiling medical data and responding to inquiries relating to diving medicine information.
• Assist in the development of new methods and procedures for the response to Divers Alert Network inquiries to increase the effectiveness of services.
• Conduct and document follow-up interviews with injured divers and non-divers according to the most current department protocols.
• Assist in the compilation and distribution of diving injury reports for in-house use in responding to requests for information, research and publication.
• The medical services department often works irregular hours. At the current time, regular department hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Staff work shifts ranging from the typical 8-hour day to 12-hour shifts on weekends. Other schedules may involve 10-hour shifts or partial day shifts. You should be prepared for changes in the days of the week you work, the hours you work, and the length of the shifts. Staff must also be available on-call after hours (nights and weekends). Each of these will be subject to constant evaluation and adjustment as DAN builds out the Global Emergency Hotline. Work schedules and schedule changes are set by the Director, Medical Services in consultation with DAN HR.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM EDUCATION &TRAINING:
• High-school diploma; College education is preferred.
• Emergency Medical Technician; minimum level of EMT-B
• Recreational scuba diving certification; leadership levels are preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Three years of experience as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
• Customer service experience
• Dive medicine knowledge preferred
• Excellent medical documentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Intermediate computer skills in:
• E-mail clients and web applications
• Content Management applications
• Learning new applications
The position is located at the DAN Office, 6 West Colony Place, Durham, NC 27705.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.