|Job Title||Hyperbaric Technologist Lead/Safety Director|
|Company||Summit Medical Center|
|Description||Summit Medical Center is looking for an experienced Hyperbaric Technologist Lead/Safety
Director. Apply online at www.summitmedcenter.com and become an important part of our
Quality Care Team.
Responsibilities and qualifications include:
1. Ensures safe and effective operation of hyperbaric chambers and related equipment
2. Obtains insurance approval for the use of hyperbaric treatment for a patient’s plan of
care, and provides documentation to assist in authorization
3. Activates policies and procedures for emergency evacuation of patient during
4. Keeps physician updated on patient status and notifies physician of adverse effects
5. Conducts and participates in in-service training related to various technical aspects of
the operation of hyperbaric chamber as well as Safety of the Hyperbaric unit.
6. Assists the clinical team including but not limited to receptionist, HBO tech, nurses,
program director and physician as needed or requested.
7. Ensures safe and effective maintenance of hyperbaric chambers and equipment
1. High School or equivalent education
2. Current certification by the NBDHMT (National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric
Medical Technology) as a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT)
3. Minimum 5 years of experience as a hyperbaric technician
Special Skills and Knowledge:
1. Operation and general maintenance of hyperbaric chamber and related equipment.
Knowledge of all applicable hyperbaric codes. Knowledge of decompression
2. Principles of Aseptic technique
3. Principles of Standard Precautions
|Contact Name||Kristy Theimer, PHR|